How ro erase Linux of the embedded storage on a DE3815TYKHE

Saitech

Solid State Member
I believe Linux is installed on the 4GB embedded storage of the DE3815TYKHE and we need to know how to erase it. At boot up, we cannot even access the BIOS by hitting F2. This option does not work.

I have Windows 10 loaded on a USB and have plugged it in to the NUC and it reads it and boots in to it, I figured I can erase the partition when I try installing the OS but the embedded 4GB storage is not visible.

I was able to update the BIOS to the latest version by using the BIOS security jumper option. I removed the jumper and put the BIOS file on a USB and that worked but we still cannot access the BIOS.

The F2, F7 or F10 keys do not work. We even booted into Power Button Menu option and the F keys do not work/respond when being pressed. Only the ESC button works.

After updating to the latest BIOS, the system no longer boots in to Linux but we have not erased the embedded storage, where we believe Linux is running off but we cannot access the BIOS settings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

You updated your bios and does this NUK show a post screen?
According to Intel, the F10 key is the option your supposed to use to access a boot order
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005471/intel-nuc.html
You might just consider another drive if you do get access because the embedded drive is only 4gb
https://ark.intel.com/content/www/us/en/ark/products/78577/intel-nuc-kit-de3815tykhe.html
If your not getting a post screen, you may have other issues
Hi Joe,

Unfortunately none of the F keys work. Not sure if the Linux version that is installed on the embedded drive has disabled them. There is an Intel post screen at boot up with the boot up options to access BIOS, update BIOS and select boot defice but neither option works.

Are you using a wireless keyboard?
If so, try a wired keyboard
Windows 10 isn't going to fit on that embedded 4gb hard drive but according to intel you should be able to use a 2.5" hard drive or a half size M.2 drive in there

Are you using a wireless keyboard?
If so, try a wired keyboard
Windows 10 isn't going to fit on that embedded 4gb hard drive but according to intel you should be able to use a 2.5" hard drive or a half size M.2 drive in there
We are using a wired USB keyboard. I would like to be ablt to erase Linux of the embedded storage before moving forward with the installation of a Windows OS.

Back
Top Bottom