How often do you clean your computer?

Depends what you do with it. I do it each night. Well.. When ever i feel. I do it really like every few nights. But what do you mean clean. Im assuming clean the hard drive. But do you mean like physicly cleaning or what. Because if its on a hard floor, then do it like once a month, blow out the fans ect. And if its on carpet, you like never need to do it..

depends on what you mean by "clean your computer"?

open it up, and blow out all the dust : maybe every 3 months

run antispyware scans : daily

run antivirus scans : weekly

run disk cleanup/disk defragmenter : monthly

these are just some suggestions which i go by.....

thebigdintx said:
depends on what you mean by "clean your computer"?

open it up, and blow out all the dust : maybe every 3 months

run antispyware scans : daily

run antivirus scans : weekly

run disk cleanup/disk defragmenter : monthly

these are just some suggestions which i go by.....

Good call.

Surely carpets gather as much dust as hard floors? If the PC is elevated then it will gather less dust than if it's just placed directly on the floor.

If you notice the CPU getting too hot then it's time to blow the dust bunnies from the CPU fan/ system fans. Use Speedfan to monitor temps.

I try to get the dust out of mine atleast once every 2 weeks or so, i run adaware and defrag like once a month.

I am new to this message board...I am glad i found it...I am wondering what ar esome things i can do to take care of my computer...i usually always clean it...Open up the case and blow all the dust out. I also do a disk defrag every month..Is there anything else i should know about that would help my computers life?...thanks for anyone who responds :)

Day5InJanuary said:
I am new to this message board...I am glad i found it...I am wondering what ar esome things i can do to take care of my computer...i usually always clean it...Open up the case and blow all the dust out. I also do a disk defrag every month..Is there anything else i should know about that would help my computers life?...thanks for anyone who responds :)

Yes, that sounds like a good plan. Dust once every 6-months or so. I tend to do it once a year. Take it outside and use compressed air to do it. I buy like two cans at a time because once can will usuallly freeze up, and no more air is coming out until you rest it for awhile. Then I use the other can to continue the dusting.

Run regular virus, spyware scans. Schedule maintenance to do it like once a week or more if you like. Delete Temp files from Internet Options of from Disk Cleanup. Remove unncessary or rarely used programs. Back up files and store them on CDs or something, then defragment. Also, delete all .log and .bak files too.

"Also, delete all .log and .bak files too." :confused: ...sorry i am kinda new and i dont know how to go about this operation??????

Back
Top Bottom