how much

Wow the drama in this thread.

I have only one question. Why didn't you just buy a new fuse for it before putting it up on eBay? It will sell faster and probably get a better price if it were fully functioning.

he didn't put a fuse in it because he bough it from a flea market,

on friday he had a thread asking if it was worth £25 for him to buy it.

and the answer is yes, it's worth £25.

I'd have thought it'd have gone for a lot more. but then I guess it would if it was in working order.

Antdemo what you have failed to realise is that this is not a practise amp, it's a stage level monoblock amp, a little box of power that whoever buys will want to use and rely on.

tin foil fuses are pretty much not something that can be relied on.

tell me why, your intended audience (gigging musicians) are going to want to buy something that you're saying is unrelieable to add to their stage rig?

really, best advice, if you do want to make some money on ebay, then get it sorted.

I did'nt bother buying a fuse because I did'nt know the fuse was broke till I got home +_ it means another 40min walk and I aint got the time.

Baascailly I went out bought somne stuff got home, things never worked, I had a route around inside, saw it was the fuse, put foil around to test if it would switch on, it did, then I was happy, slapped it on ebay.

Happy now?

If you lived where I live I doubt you'd get up and walk 40min just to get a fuse and walk back and put it in, like I say, its a 2min job buying one and installing it, I highly doubt it would effect the cost. I've my last amp with know fuse, I'd of got the same with or without the fuse.

52fgao.jpg

you're missing the point...

as a musician, I would like something like this. a 150W amp, I'd gladly pay around a hundred quid for second hand, (that's the absolutle top limit including delivery).

A broken amp that I may or may not be able to rely on that has already blown a fuse, where it's uncertain if this is due to electrical fault in the amp or just some kind of power surge, well I might take a chance and spend £20 or £30 on it.

but not bothering to take the time to have a walk into town and spend 70p you may well have lost out on £70.

you were asking a few days ago how to make money on ebay, well the answer is quite simply to ensure that what you are selling is the best that can be sold.

everyone knows that there are a few tricks on ebay.

the sold as seen no returns trick just means broken.

I saw an auction the other day for someone selling something sold as seen, when a seller asked if it powered on, he wrote a reply saying that his time was too valuable to test it.
but like I say, it could be the difference of a lot of money.

assuming that you've not lost out on £70, even if you halve that are you really saying that your time is worth £50 or more an hour?

Back
Top Bottom