How much will 6***Gt cards fall in price after next gen are out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazed_climber

Baseband Member
Anyone have an idea how much cheaper the 6800Gt and the 6600Gt will drop in price when the next generation video cards come out later this year? I just wanted to know as if its quite abit then I probally will wait and get a 6800Gt if it isn't then ill get a 6600Gt. Thanks for any help you guys can give me.
Scotty

well given the g70 series will cost an arm and a leg i would have to say the 6800gt will be about 3 toes and a finger after the release of the g70 series.

past market trends.....dude you're talking to a bunch of 16 year olds....theres no one here who follows the market THAT closely who could even remotely give you an idea of how much they will be....not to mention it's the resellers like newegg and zipzoomfly who also have say in the final price depending on how much nvidia charges them wholesale.

They are not going to drop in price for a long time. Just look at the 9800 xt, it's only about 100 dollars less than when it first launched. they will be expensive for awhile.

Actually, I am a little older than 16 (that's right Nubius) and I've followed market trends in the past a little bit. I will say this. Do not expect a huge drop. After a while, prices will fall a tad, but for now they will probably stay up higher because they want people to buy the newer series, rather than a 6800GT that just fell in price. However, prices will slowly go down after the new cards have been out a while... or should anyway.

ooooooooooooh 16 and a half :p

joke of course, "Dont get ya knickers in a twist"

im 23 lol. iv bought too many damn cards, I would say that the new gen cards will come out and be a little more expensive then what is out now, 6mos down the road the new gen cards will fall down to about what the high end cards are right now. In the meantime, when they come out with new midrange cards, thats when prices will start to go down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom