How much is my laptop worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok... um, let me just state the facts without cutting you down. 7900GS > 8600GT.
Yes your warranty is nice, but it's only +1 year over mine. You have a 200MHz faster processor and 40GB more HDD space... OMG WOW /bow!
Plus, I have the 17" widescreen allowing 1920x1200 native.

Here are some graphs to prove 7900GS > 8600GT
14461.png

14458.png

14459.png

and one last link:
VGA Charts 2007 | Tom's Hardware

Yes you have DX10 but... I mean... cmon, DX10 on an 8600GT which already preforms worse than the 7900GS at DX9 stuff?

So your laptop brand new, if you add the $300 you got off temporarily, is the equivalent of what I'm asking for mine (thinking about shaving off $100-200) and you lose 40GB HDD space, and 200MHz off the processor for a larger 17" widescreen with a higher resolution and a much better preforming video card. Trust me, those 200MHz aren't going to make up for what the 8600GT lacks from the 7900GS.

I rest my case.
$1,300 is sounding more like it.

*edit*
Oh yeah, Bluetooth too :)

I am pretty sure that qualifies as cutting me down. Ouch.

Just a bitta fun... Anyway, i think your laptop is better than most around that pricemark that Dell sell anyway, so you should be able to sell if you market that video card as one of the key features...

^^Desktop card benches? The laptop versions of the cards always do peform a bit slower, but yes the 7900gs does own the 8600gt, even the 7600 comes close.

If you are going to try and sell it on here, please let us know, so this thread can be closed, and you can start a thread in B/S/T. Thanks

Wait, what? You mean.... oh my god....

This is the first time anyone has 100% agreed with me on these forums. I mean not just 95% and added there own bit... but 100%.... i... think im gonna be sick..... :freak:

no, you're not going to be sick. at least, i'm 95% sure of it.
lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom