how much do I ask?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheen

Baseband Member
Could somebody give me an idea of how much you ask for a used scanner? Now, I am NOT trying to sell the scanner on this forum or over the internet, that is why I did not post it in the sells/trades forum. I am just advertising it locally.I just need a little advise on pricing. It's a HP 3300c for windows 98 only. It is less then 2 years old and in very good shape. The original software is with it, plus I included about 4 other CD's that only work with a window 98 (I now have an XP and the scanner and CD's won't work with it). I priced it at $40.00 do to some badgering from family members who think it is worth the price. But I thought that $40.00 was to much. OK, anybody out there that actually knows what the scanner and CD's are worth? I don't want to advertise it any more until I have an idea of what a FAIR price would be. THANKS A BUNCH FOR ANY HELP YOU CAN GIVE ME!;)

honestly, for a 2 year old scanner that only works in 98, i doubt youll get more than $20 for it, extra software or not.

€cniv said:
honestly, for a 2 year old scanner that only works in 98, i doubt youll get more than $20 for it, extra software or not.

True true, but he said it works with XP, so i think (if it didn't take up my entire desk like my Classic ScanMaker E3) i'd probably give around $30 for it..

hmm.. I've an old HP scanner with a burned scanning lamp and tones of dust... any one will give me cent for it too?! :D

That was meant for Shan, who said that the original poster said that it worked with XP, he expressly said it didnt, depreciating the value, in my opinion, quite signifigantly. Like I said, 2 year old scanner, only works in 98, no more than $20

OK I should clarify on this. The scanner itself works with the XPs OWN scanner wizard, but the XP will not accept the software for the 98 scanner. It would have been fine for me except I hate the XPs scanner wizard! But I am going to drop the price to around $25.00. because of the added software. Thanks for your help everybody.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom