How many letters have you typed this year ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I thought this was fun and quite amazing, each day i have 4 msn conversations with an average of 4000letters for each that i have said, 4000 x 4 = 16000. + 3000 letters for all my forums and internet searches

19000 x 365 = 6 Million 935 thousand (6,935,000) keys pressed in 12 months. I did this roughly and thought about it including holidays etc etc, i figured it was about right. What do you think yours is ?

Wow, it makes you realise how tough your keyboard is takeing nearly 7million key presses, a 20th of which will be powerfull ones from when im angry :D

I have no idea how much I've typed. But I guess some where in the million range.

It would be cool if there was a little application counting all your keystrokes.

Quite amazing i thought though, i was thinking 50,000, and then i started to think...

The point ain't how many keys we've pressed but how many years we'll have spent in front of a PC/ TV when we'll be 72 years old.

I am 5 hours average every day in front of my pc, especially in night this makes it :

5 X 365 X (72-11[I started using a pc at my eleven's]) = 111,325 hours = 4368 days = 12.70.

This means that by the time I become 72 years old, I will have spent 12.70 years of my life in front of a pc monitor.

Holy ****. I spend probably the same as your 5 hours, and 2 hours TV, even more at the weekend. Lets say 8 hours on average...

20.6 Years of my life on my PC :|

I don't even want to think about the average time spent on computers and figureing it for the total time spent from now till 72... but if I did, I'd have to say that that's inaccurate. your life will most likely change in such a way that you won't be able to spend a fraction of that time online (children, a wife, ect ect ect) or merely a change in day to day routines. however, figure roughly 10-14 hours a day on a computer (average of 12) would be 249660 hours, 10402.5 days, or 28.5 years... intersting since I will spend roughly the same amount of time sleeping from birth (30 years@10 hours sleep)... average key strokes minusing term papers, research papers, and the relevent searches, including programming and Iming.... 6570000 IMing... holy crap!!! and 4380000 for the average HTML code a day!! (of course, I don't do HTML every day, but....10950000 for daily HTML coding and IMing!!!
ten million nine hundred fifty thousand keystrokes!!!

LOL, 10 hours of sleep per day? I sleep about 7 hours a day... from 00:30 - 7:00 in the morning and about half an hour in the afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom