How long does it take to build a pc?

Laxgoalie1

In Runtime
My parts are being shipped to me now and I was wondering how long it takes on averrage to build a computer?

Not long. Under 1h to put the hardware together. Then the software is another thing. It took me 1-2 hours to install all of the software. (this including win XP)

thats about right, just make sure that when you put together your computer, the best way to do it, is part by part... keep turning your system on and off making sure that it is reading each hardware component. Otherwise if you install everything at once and something is going wrong, you would have to redo the whole process again.

medabomb2000 said:
thats about right, just make sure that when you put together your computer, the best way to do it, is part by part... keep turning your system on and off making sure that it is reading each hardware component. Otherwise if you install everything at once and something is going wrong, you would have to redo the whole process again.

hmm, well I have never done it this way, but might be usefull if u are not too experienced in putting the harware together. But u must first stick the PSU, mobo, CPU, RAM and GPU in there. Don't try to start before u have these parts in there. Though that doesn't leave many parts to the part by part process, now does it?

But don't put the CPU in socket, turn it on. A CPU can burn up in about under a second if it don't have a fan/heatskin. I personnely recommend printing out the beep codes (in case somthing goes wrong) and putting it all toghter. Took me 45 mins.

Back
Top Bottom