How is you PC handling the crysis demo?

It did that on my first try on downloading it. Now that I'm on another network, it's fast. I blame Verizon FIOS. What a piece of crap service. Just kidding, they're good but I'm using a private OC network here at the university labs :p

What do you mean am I running with beta drivers? With my computer setup should I be running on max? I would think so, I hope so. Do not know why it only runs perfect on medium settings. I have a 8800GTS 640MB. My video card drivers are up to date.

I think with the 8800GTX, it could be better on max settings than on a GTS 8800 series. Kage has an 8800GTS too so we'll see how it runs on his system. Then again, he's totally optimized with quad core too.

Nvidia has beta display drivers released on their website. It's the newest version of the graphics driver still in beta. I figure it's ok to try since their drivers are so reliable. It may have the fix it needs to run Crysis better.

I downloaded it at work and installed it on my laptop, and I knew it would run absolutely awfully but felt it was worth a look anyway.

I get literally something like five frames per second, with this laptop. It is unplayable, so I am totally unsure as to what the game is actually like. The very same machine can run Counter Strike: Source and Half Life 2 at approximately sixty frames per second.

I just got my problems fixed and i finished the demo and daimn that game is sick.

My asus G1s handles it pretty well.

I running on 1280x960 all on medium and it's pretty good. Man if the graphics look really well on medium i can only imagine how they look on all high.

What kind of problems did you run into? Also what kind of specs do you have? I'm curious to see the various issues with this game or hardware.

Just a heads up, if you are running SLI, it will blue-screen if you are not using the latest drivers. They do not need to be the Beta ones, just the latest true ones.

Ok, hows this. P4 3ghz, 1.5gb of 533mhz ram, 7600gt graphics.

Runs Ok at 1280x960 with everything on medium.

Graphics are dissapointing though- i might go as far as saying far cry looks better! thatll be just cos im running at lower settings, but those settings arent that low at all.

Close up, the textures on plants and rocks are really poor.

Until your running it with maxed settings, you honestly shouldn't expect something else.

Back
Top Bottom