How is it possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Chopper, will you also remove none-posting members (memebers who posted a bit but stopped for a long period and haven't informed on it)??

azury said:
Hey Chopper, will you also remove none-posting members (memebers who posted a bit but stopped for a long period and haven't informed on it)??

For now? No, Sometime in the future? Maybe.

Any other suggestions on what you would like to see done/added to tech forums please post them here for discussion.

Ive been thinking of setting up something special for those who contribute alot to tech forums. Like there own special forum that no one else can access and special deals at stores, inside info on tech forum, ect

This could encourage others to contribute more. What are your thoughts on this? What would you like to be avaliable for those that contribute alot?

Cheers

hmm... A car and a trip around the world woulb be just fine.. :D
*lol*
I guess no body in here is trying to get something beside the help from each other..

If someone joins and never posts, 90 days is plenty of time to keep 'em and the delete 'em.

I know that there is a record of last post, is there also a record of the last visit? If so, that would let you know if they have been lurking and reading.

For those that have posted and then stop, I suggest an email to them inviting them back. That could be a 90 day time period for the email to go out, then another 30 to return. No return, well, I guess they can rejoin if they want.

Sidenote: I read an article about forums, and the author suggested that people join and read for a couple of weeks before posting. That can be good and bad......

PS I'm glad you don't allow anonymous posting; IMO, too risky.

Good question but it's hard to find the answer of how many people participate. If you take a poll, you might see the fabricated results. However, just multiply the number by 5 and you'll get an estimated answer.

DMo224 said:
I know that there is a record of last post, is there also a record of the last visit? If so, that would let you know if they have been lurking and reading.

The reason I first joined the forum was because I needed help with a computer problem. I don't work with computers everyday (eg. regular job), but I am glad I found a place where I can learn more about them by "lurking and reading". I don't post often, but I do enjoy browsing through - so what do you do with people like me?!

daveppeters said:

The reason I first joined the forum was because I needed help with a computer problem. I don't work with computers everyday (eg. regular job), but I am glad I found a place where I can learn more about them by "lurking and reading". I don't post often, but I do enjoy browsing through - so what do you do with people like me?!

daveppeters We will only remove members if:
They have joined and after 3 months they still havn't made a singal post.

OR

You request to be removed for Tech Forums

OR

If you are banned for some reason.

Since you have made a post you will not be removed;)

Cheers

If there is a record of the last visit, not the last post, then the admin can tell if someone is coming and reading or has not even been here in a long time.

Plus, if you send an email about the intent to delete an inactive account, the inactive member then has a chance to post or say if they want to stay as a member. The email could say to make a post in a certain thread within a certain time to show their interest.

Just an idea, or two.

:D

Chopper said:
A month! I think thats a little short. Cause we do get some people signup and just read and lurk the forums for a good while before they make a post.

Thats a good point. On my forums, many people are shy and "worried" about posting.

They need to know that we will welcome them to our community here, and there is no reason to be shy, or to look dumb.

Like they say..."The greatest risk is not taking one." :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom