How important are motherboards?

CJBaker07

Beta member
Hey guys I'm buying a new computer soon. Most likely the microflex 92b. i7920 processor, radeon hd 4870x2 video card, 3gb ddr3 ram, 500 gb hard drive.

But I was wondering how important the motherboards are? It comes standard with a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and I was wondering if it was worth an extra 80 for an Asus P6T or an extra 100 for a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P?

Also should i upgrade the ram? and can i do it easily once i've bought the pc?

Cheers. Tell us if it would be a decent setup for gaming too.

Hey guys I'm buying a new computer soon. Most likely the microflex 92b. i7920 processor, radeon hd 4870x2 video card, 3gb ddr3 ram, 500 gb hard drive.

But I was wondering how important the motherboards are? It comes standard with a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R and I was wondering if it was worth an extra 80 for an Asus P6T or an extra 100 for a Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P?

Also should i upgrade the ram? and can i do it easily once i've bought the pc?

Cheers. Tell us if it would be a decent setup for gaming too.

motherboards are very important, though the differences in the motherboards that you listed are pretty small and shouldn't affect performance too much, they're both good name brands that turn out excellent motherboards, it'll be a nice gaming system with or without the upgrades...

Back
Top Bottom