How I got scammed

Have you ever meet thirlla in real life? YOU NEED TO BE heasant about any deals done over the internet and take as many steps as you can to ensure that your safe, apparently your greed got the best of you.

If a man gets something stolen from him that is of not fault of his own.

If a man gets scammed them he was just not wiser. There was a scam my dad nearly fell for. A man prosing as a discover help line techie called us, told us that their systems had been hacked and that they needed his CC to sercure it. Me I thought it was kinda fishy that a guy who works for discover would need the information he was asking it for, if they already had it! I unplugged the phone my dad was really ticked, until he just relieazed that he was about to give out his CC information to a guy that chances are would of spent all he could online order it and be off on his happy way.

You need to be careful of scams. They are everywhere if your smart enough you won't get caught up in one.

You need to be careful of scams. They are everywhere if your smart enough you won't get caught up in one.
Agreed.
Summary:
I sold the 2800+ for 500, the buyer used a other guy to pay for the computer. The guy that payed for the computer filed to get hes money back. He wouldnt find the buyer that scammed all of us, so I had to sell this setup. I sold that setup for 1000 dollors and the guy that got wanted a real version on windows xp on it ( I use copyed windows ). than i got a celeron D setup, than later traded with my friend and got 2800+
It still is relatively confusing though, but I think I got it... :p

Nik00117 said:
Have you ever meet thirlla in real life? YOU NEED TO BE heasant about any deals done over the internet and take as many steps as you can to ensure that your safe, apparently your greed got the best of you.

If a man gets something stolen from him that is of not fault of his own.

If a man gets scammed them he was just not wiser. There was a scam my dad nearly fell for. A man prosing as a discover help line techie called us, told us that their systems had been hacked and that they needed his CC to sercure it. Me I thought it was kinda fishy that a guy who works for discover would need the information he was asking it for, if they already had it! I unplugged the phone my dad was really ticked, until he just relieazed that he was about to give out his CC information to a guy that chances are would of spent all he could online order it and be off on his happy way.

ye I mit thrilla in real life.. he lives like 20 minutes away from me.. we known each other for 1 year.. alitte more.!

So let me get this straight...

you had one system... but you broke it... threw it away and started again...

now you have system 2, which you decide to sell, you sell this to a guy who sends the money (via paypal) to your friend Thrilla, your friend has the money in his paypal account you go meet the guy and give him the computer (which has a dodgy copy of windows XP).
I assume you recieved the money for the compuiter from your friend.

you then go out and buy a new cmoputer for yourself.

then your friend Thrilla cmoes back to your and says that he's actually been scammed and there was no $500, he never recieved any money, and wants $500 from you.

you have to sell your new computer (system3) for $1000 so that you can actally afford to give his guy his money!

so you give him $500, now you've lost a computer. (actually you've lost two, the one that you sold and were never paid for and your newest one that you had to sell!)

Next the guy who bought the computer (but apparantly didnt pay for it) comes back and says he wants a legit copy of windows else he'll sue you! and says he works for the government.

so you happily go out and buy the guy (who supposably scammed you and your friend) a nice new copy of XP! and you actually give it to him!

there are a few things!

firstly, if you think the guy scammed you why didn't you tell him to go away when he asked for the copy of XP, as far as you know it's not like he payed for it anyway!

Secondly, You should contact the police, that guy was clearly abusing his position of power to intimidate and extort things from you, last time I checked that was actually a crime.

thirdly, there is no way to renegade on a paypal payment, once you press submit the money goes from your bank and is payed into the paypal account of the other person. if your friend told you that he was payed it's because the money had arrived in his paypal account, and he actually saw it on the screen as benig there!

there is only two way your friend could have lost that money, either his paypal account was hacked, (so he probably had a weak password or some kind of malware on his PC that gave away his password -that's not your fault you shouldn't have to pay),

or (much more likely)

he did recieve the money and has since spent it...

I don't really sympathise with you about the illegal copy of XP, I mean you shouldn't have been using it anyway! (or you should have just loaded Linux on it!

but the paypal thing... that sucks... and what sucks worse is it's probably the guy who you think is our friend (thrilla) that ripped you off!

The good news is that yuo can probably download the last woking BIOS for your oldest maniboard, (assuming you havn't thrown it away yet...).

or if anyone here has the same board they may be able to create a backup copy for you.

Back
Top Bottom