How I fixed my blue screens

lav011

Solid State Member
Original post on what this is about is here: http://www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=38282&page=2&pp=15

Summary: I was having lots of problems with blue screens, restarts, errors while running pc games such as world of warcraft and oblivion. Was really starting to think it was RAM related and/or Video card, because of what the errors would say.

All I did was change 1 BIOS setting and I no longer get any blue screens, restarts, errors. This is a problem ive been having for so long and just changing 1 little setting that takes 5 seconds to change fixed it all.

All I did was change the setting: Memory Frequency, from: By Spd, to: Auto.

I'm not extremely computer savvy but I do know a bit. Just have no idea how just this one setting caused me so much frustration. I pretty much solved this problem by luck. Does anyone know why this setting was bad?

well don't know what the 'Spd' means, but I'm guessing ur rams clock speed wasn't what it was supposed to be, and so it was causing u the blue screens.
Then when u swiched it to auto the bios detected the right clock speed for the ram and now it's running fine.

Back
Top Bottom