How good is DSL?

I have Verizon dsl, and its great. I get about 180-250 on avg down streak. I also get around 48-65 upload. Its actually preety good..Way cheaper then cable

I have really crappy DSL(SBC Yahoo!) and it isnt that bad. I have never had problems with it. Im sure if you get a better ISP then it would be fine.

Ok awesome, at least these last few posts dont have me as worried. I think I can make due with DSL by the sounds of it. I just have to make sure to choose a good ISP i think.

I have a 1.2mbps download speed and it's faster than all the cable out here. Speakeasy rocks, though they will contact you if you are getting portscans!

Taken from cnet.com

Cable vs. DSL

Performance:
The winner: tie
So which service is faster, cable modem or DSL? No single answer will suffice for everyone. Cable's theoretical bandwidth limits are higher (but you'll never reach them), and because it's not dependent on distance from a central office, it's more consistent from user to user--unless your next-door neighbor is Blackbeard the MP3 pirate. With DSL, you'll generally get higher speeds the closer you live to the phone company's central office

I love it when cable companies are like, Get this extremely high speed, and then dont tell people that at around 8pm when everyone is on, your speed decreases due to shared bandwith.

HRHunteRHR said:
I have a 1.2mbps download speed and it's faster than all the cable out here. Speakeasy rocks, though they will contact you if you are getting portscans!

I highly doubt that. Do a speakeasy test, I have "supposed" 5MB down. Everytime I do a test from that site I always get at 4.5...my upload SUCKS but my download is great and I guarantee it beats your 1.2MB.

Back
Top Bottom