how does Sharp compare to Toshiba/Samsung/Philips?

Status
Not open for further replies.
imo

LG
Samsung
Sony
Sharp
Toshiba
Panny (though my GADO is f'n sweet)
Phillips

I haven't been in yet to see the new Sharps with the yellow added though.

They ALL have their high end TV's that can be customized 'no end' and all look great to the average person.
Basically, if you see a TV that's 100 bucks cheaper cause it's on sale, go for it.

imo

LG
Samsung
Sony
Sharp
Toshiba
Panny (though my GADO is f'n sweet)
Phillips

I haven't been in yet to see the new Sharps with the yellow added though.

They ALL have their high end TV's that can be customized 'no end' and all look great to the average person.
Basically, if you see a TV that's 100 bucks cheaper cause it's on sale, go for it.

lol, there are ALOT of people who will argue LG being in the first spot. I bought one a few months ago, 42" FullHD LCD and i love it but still.

lol, there are ALOT of people who will argue LG being in the first spot. I bought one a few months ago, 42" FullHD LCD and i love it but still.

Hench why I've put "imo". :p
I have a 52" 52LG50 and the customization on it great. Everything from basic picture settings, to expert settings, custom 10pt IRE calibration and a custom colour management system. You can make the picture look excellent.

I wouldn't put LG at the top.

Whenever i walk into the local electronics store, the Samsung/Phillips LED TV's always look the best, and by quite a considerable margin. Conventional CCFL backlit LCD displays the PQ is closer between brands, but i would still put Phillips up top with Sammy in 2nd.

However, i got the pleasure of seeing a SIM2 Grand Cinema C3X projector in action at the local home theatre shop, where you can set up a room for yourself with the top speakers etc. And they were showcasing this projector, and holy crap i've never seen such a good image in all my life on any TV monitor or projector. Nothing came close in my opinion. But then it was a) beastly big and b) £26,000

For LCD's
1. Sony
2. Samsung
3. Sharp
4. Toshiba
5. LG

LG does make the panels for a lot of other companies, but that doesn't mean they execute the rest of the TV manufacturing process as well. Sony and Samsung have been considered the best in LCD's for years, and I've never heard a knowledgeable person argue otherwise. Sharp has really stepped it up in the past 4 years and is now holding that #3 spot pretty strong - their prices are better than Sony and Samsung, but you really don't lose much quality.

I own 2 32" Sharp LCD's and am very happy with the price I paid for them.

In terms of quality Sony should be at the bottom of every list. Unless comparing them to a 360 :).

Panasonic and LG make the best plasmas while Samsung and Sharp make the best LCDs.

In terms of quality Sony should be at the bottom of every list. Unless comparing them to a 360 :).

Panasonic and LG make the best plasmas while Samsung and Sharp make the best LCDs.

Correct, other than LG making the best plasmas and not including Sony on LCD.

LCD:
1. Sony
2. Samsung
3. Sharp

Plasma:
1. Panasonic
2. Samsung

That is all. Fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom