How does Android security work and what measures can you take to ensure your device is secure?

richardwilson

Baseband Member
Can someone else explain it? I`m badly stuck around this question, let me get out of this question by the help of somebody else

Hi Richard, To answer your question, Adriod contains a few options for security. Here's how it works. Finger printing technology requires the owner of an andriod to use their finger for scanning to ensure that the finger print matches the pattern of the owner of the device. For example, The owner's fingerprint is used to unlock the device. If the finger print does not match the owner's finger print, they will be denied access to the device and the device will stay locked. Another option owners can use is the pin. The owner creates a four digit pin to unlock the device in numeric form. The four digit pin numbers are encrypted so other people standing nearby are not able to view your pin when attempting to unlock your device. There may be a few other options available such as picture design security and others that I havent mentioned because i'm ot sure if these features are still available on newer andriod devices or not.

According to Google "Android's popularity and open marketplace mean that there's a far wider range of security apps available. The security of your Android operating system and device out of the box may vary, but with the right apps you can take it to the same level of security as IOS or eve further."Google (2023) In addition to Google's input, If you install a good antivirus it will pretty much take care of any threats for you without user interaction. Antivirus protection works by scanning apps for threats and removing them if they are considered malicious and will often warn the user that threats were found and some will provide the user with the option to remove the threat or place in quarentine if the app is legit. The app will be cleaned or replaced with a new one to remove threats foud within the app. Every Antivirus is different. Some may detect false positives while others may not detect threats at all and are considered crappy quality while others are considered top quality. It depends on which antivirus is used. I like to experiment with antivirus apps to determine the best quality antiviirus. If you decide to try some antivirus apps, please only try one at a time to prevent conflicts with other antivirus apps.

Here are the top 10 best antivirus apps for Andriod below.

1. Total AV
2. PC Protect
3. McAfee
4. Bit Defender
5. Scan Guard
6. Norton
7. Advast
8. AVG
9. Malewarebytes
10. Kaspersky

I encourage you to experiement with a free trial of each one by one and keep the one you like the most.

Back
Top Bottom