how do you file your state & federal taxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Free File with IRS.gov

TurboTax is on there. Here are the restrictions to use it for free: "Free federal online tax return preparation and e-file if your adjusted gross income is $31,000 or less or if you are active military with an AGI of $57,000 or less or you qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit. This federal offer is valid in all states. Free extension. "

We have used TurboTax, and have also used H&R Block's for free through IRS.gov. Both were easy to use and thorough. But go through the IRS.gov site and use it online for free. ;)

Taxslayer is on there, too.
" TaxSlayer: Free federal online tax return preparation and e-file if your adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than $57,000 and you are age 25 or younger, age 65 or older or active military. Also, if you qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit or if your adjusted gross income is less than $10,000. This federal offer is valid in all states. Free extension. "

I have a CPA do it and then do an e-file. Costs about $50 more than getting TurboTax, but he knows taxes. My wife is(was) self employed so I can't afford to miss any deductions or anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom