• Change lanes?

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Ignore him?

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • Speed up?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Slow down?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flash your lights back at him once he gets ahead?

• Honk at him?

• Yell at him, with or without obscenities?

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Flip him the bird?

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Or some combination of the above or something else?

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
I usually lounge in the slow lanes with the big rigs. I've seen enough shit that I don't see any reason to speed more than 5 over, and frankly, Ohio state troopers are force to be recognized with. I don't wanna get pulled over by them.

That said, when I do have asshats driving around me, I do what I can to get out of their way and ignore their asshole tenancies. No need to get stressed out, and if they can't pass me I try to find a pull off soon to get out of their way. Like I've said, I've seen enough shit that I'm not gonna start road rage wars with people because they wanna go faster than me or something stupid.

I usually lounge in the slow lanes with the big rigs. I've seen enough shit that I don't see any reason to speed more than 5 over, and frankly, Ohio state troopers are force to be recognized with. I don't wanna get pulled over by them.

That said, when I do have asshats driving around me, I do what I can to get out of their way and ignore their asshole tenancies. No need to get stressed out, and if they can't pass me I try to find a pull off soon to get out of their way. Like I've said, I've seen enough shit that I'm not gonna start road rage wars with people because they wanna go faster than me or something stupid.
My thoughts exactly!!!
I laugh my head off further down the road when the bozo's are pulled over getting the full letter of the law.

My thoughts exactly!!!
I laugh my head off further down the road when the bozo's are pulled over getting the full letter of the law.

I'll settle for when they get off at the same off-ramp as you and hit the same red light if they don't get pulled over though :)

I generally go 10 over on freeways. But I only am in the left lane when passing. No matter how fast you are going, you shouldn't sit in the left lane unless the freeway is full. Someone always wants to go faster. And that's fine, I don't hope they get pulled over or anything. If they are driving like an ass, that's completely different. I go 70-80 on the snowmobile trails if they are smooth and clear enough too. On my bike I don't often speed to much though. And almost never go on the freeways. My bike has loud exhaust and people tend to think I am racing or something if I pass them on it. And then they have to accelerate, it's quite annoying.

I'm disappointed people here voted they would flip the bird, slow down, or other things like that. I don't understand why people think that because they want to drive slow that everyone else should as well. If people want to risk getting a speeding ticket, that's their problem, not yours.

Last edited:
I generally go 10 over on freeways. But I only am in the left lane when passing. No matter how fast you are going, you shouldn't sit in the left lane unless the freeway is full. Someone always wants to go faster. And that's fine, I don't hope they get pulled over or anything. If they are driving like an ass, that's completely different. I go 70-80 on the snowmobile trails if they are smooth and clear enough too. On my bike I don't often speed to much though. And almost never go on the freeways. My bike has loud exhaust and people tend to think I am racing or something if I pass them on it. And then they have to accelerate, it's quite annoying.

I'm disappointed people here voted they would flip the bird, slow down, or other things like that. I don't understand why people think that because they want to drive slow that everyone else should as well. If people want to risk getting a speeding ticket, that's their problem, not yours.
We are not discussing road speeds we are discussing morons who think they own the road and go out of their way to harass you for getting in their way.

That's not what the original poster was talking about, in the first scenario, the person just wanted you out of the left lane.

The second scenario almost never happens if ever. Or maybe I just never get passed by semis.

MMM has read my intentions exactly with this thread. The left lane scenario is a common one on the highways - regardless of how fast you go, there's always someone who wants to go faster.

I don't mind my threads morphing as long as you're being responsive to the posts while trying to stay on topic. This gives breathing room to help the thread along which allows it to grow which in turn helps the community to participate.

Well you shouldn't ever be cruising in the left lane, so the left lane scenario shouldn't come up (never does for me). And if you are "passing" by going .1 mph faster than the car next to you so it takes 10 miles, that doesn't count as passing.

Ohio?! Where at? I'm from Ohio.

I'd have to agree, they are out in force and are good at what they do, that's for sure.

Well you shouldn't ever be cruising in the left lane, so the left lane scenario shouldn't come up (never does for me). And if you are "passing" by going .1 mph faster than the car next to you so it takes 10 miles, that doesn't count as passing.
Slow vehicles should stick to the right in your country, so naturally you would use the left lane to pass these vehicles at times and does not give the morons the right to harass you....
But staying on topic is "how do you deal with them" as road bullies can harass you in any lane or single road regardless.

Back
Top Bottom