How do you copy a hard drive from one pc to another?

it had windows xp on it before.

It started having a problem everytime I would shut down or restart it would get to the saveing your personal setting screen and just stop.

I couldnt figure out why so I just got used to it. Well I got a new game and I needed to update my drivers and I use a program called driver magic and it looks at my system then runs around and finds me all the new drivers for everything.

Everything was all good at first. Done the sound card it asked me to restart it stopped like alwasy I pressed the power key then turn it back on. Same with the video card and afew other things that I had no idea what they were but the last on the processer or something from intl when it had me restart it it stopped and I hit the power key

well this time when I tured it back on it said I was missing a dill file :(

From here down is just me blowing off steam lol

Gateway techsupport wants me to pay 59.99 for a 30 min phone call to see if they can fix it so I get mad but in the end I pay it and in under 5 min the techsupport guy has me do something that stops my wireless keyboard and mouse from working. :mad: Hes like oh you had a wireless keyboard... So yea I do you could have asked me that before is what I'm thinking but thats all he could do. he told me I needed to get a wired keyboard and to call back I run out to best buy and pick one up get back on the phone and what hes trying to do doesnt work and they need to send me a recovery cd that I have to pay for. Then he refuses to give me a refund for the 59.99 phone call. :confused:

I'm like man you didnt fix my problem but hes like well you still have to pay you can use the rest of your time the next time you have a problem.

So I just went back to best buy returned my keyboard and got a new pc. :)

Oh and John Cole in gateway's fee based techsupport if your out there

%&#* YOU

Wow i feel so much better lol

Needless to say all i need is a recovery cd for xp and my old pc should work. I just wanted to get to some of the files I have on there for work

it had windows xp on it before.

It started having a problem everytime I would shut down or restart it would get to the saveing your personal setting screen and just stop.

I couldnt figure out why so I just got used to it. Well I got a new game and I needed to update my drivers and I use a program called driver magic and it looks at my system then runs around and finds me all the new drivers for everything.

Everything was all good at first. Done the sound card it asked me to restart it stopped like alwasy I pressed the power key then turn it back on. Same with the video card and afew other things that I had no idea what they were but the last on the processer or something from intl when it had me restart it it stopped and I hit the power key

well this time when I tured it back on it said I was missing a dill file :(

From here down is just me blowing off steam lol

Gateway techsupport wants me to pay 59.99 for a 30 min phone call to see if they can fix it so I get mad but in the end I pay it and in under 5 min the techsupport guy has me do something that stops my wireless keyboard and mouse from working. :mad: Hes like oh you had a wireless keyboard... So yea I do you could have asked me that before is what I'm thinking but thats all he could do. he told me I needed to get a wired keyboard and to call back I run out to best buy and pick one up get back on the phone and what hes trying to do doesnt work and they need to send me a recovery cd that I have to pay for. Then he refuses to give me a refund for the 59.99 phone call. :confused:

I'm like man you didnt fix my problem but hes like well you still have to pay you can use the rest of your time the next time you have a problem.

So I just went back to best buy returned my keyboard and got a new pc. :)

Oh and John Cole in gateway's fee based techsupport if your out there

%&#* YOU

Wow i feel so much better lol

Needless to say all i need is a recovery cd for xp and my old pc should work. I just wanted to get to some of the files I have on there for work

Damn dude, all that hassle for nothing. That sucks.

Back
Top Bottom