how do i stop these damn phone solicitors

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
it seems like another epidemic of these retarded phone solicitors except now every one is a prerecorded message and no way to contact the solicitor.

I don't know where or how they got my number but its been circulating through a lot of them and almost everyone I know gets these damn phone calls.

I just don't understand why it takes so long here In US to deal with this ****.

I mean its been over 2 years since these recorded solicitors started bothering people

and it took like 10 years to do something about internet spam.

cant people organize anymore or what?

Usually they're using VOIP numbers so it's pretty much impossible to find where they are, and easy for them to get around blocks.

If you have a smartphone, you can usually add numbers to a blocked list to help alleviate some of it. It also helps to not answer the phone I've found - instead of answering or rejecting the call, just let it ring to voicemail when you see a # you don't recognize. I'll get 1 or 2 calls and then none after that for quite a while. Then it'll start up again eventually, and I'll just have to ignore it - or add to my block list on my phone.

Microsoft kept calling me to tell me I have a virus and I'm destroying the internet and I must cease by letting them fix my pc via remote connection. I used my phone to block the call, they still tried to contact me after that but couldn't get through so they eventually gave up

it seems like another epidemic of these retarded phone solicitors except now every one is a prerecorded message and no way to contact the solicitor.

I don't know where or how they got my number but its been circulating through a lot of them and almost everyone I know gets these damn phone calls.

I just don't understand why it takes so long here In US to deal with this ****.

I mean its been over 2 years since these recorded solicitors started bothering people

and it took like 10 years to do something about internet spam.

cant people organize anymore or what?

If you can get the number, you can also file a complaint the to the FCC. If you haven't added your numbers into the do not call database, I would do it ASAP. You can do both here.

Unwanted Telephone Marketing Calls | FCC.gov

The Do Not Call list won't do anything for the spam callers like what it most likely is. Not easily traceable either, since like I mentioned, they're usually using VOIP numbers.

Enroll in the Do-Not-Call registry at https://www.donotcall.gov/

The Do-Not-Call registry does not prevent all unwanted calls. It does not cover the following:

calls from organizations with which you have established a business relationship;
calls for which you have given prior written permission;
calls which are not commercial or do not include unsolicited advertisements;
calls by or on behalf of tax-exempt non-profit organizations.

source: http://www.fcc.gov/encyclopedia/do-not-call-list

They spoof the number.
The number from "Microsoft" was 234-456-789
That's right, the caller ID only shows 9 digits
the Do not Call registry is useless

Last edited:
I love my work phone, on outbound calls, my number shows up as 555-1234 or something like that. Only 7 digits, starting with 555. Its great. Nope, I am not a telemarketer, I am a network support engineer.

I have had absolutely dozens of these before and I mean dozens. I recently got a call from some Bank in Dubai asking for a Mr.Anderson. I just put the phone down hung up.

It absolutely infuriates me because they don't leave you alone. Hear in the UK our Government took serious action over it and implemented a Law in which if anyone is found Guilty of harassing anyone like PPI or Charity, they can be fined up too £500.000. Seriously I was well chuffed when I heard that. Back in early 2011 up until early 2014 I was getting up to 20 texts a day and a dozen phone calls asking for my bank details and about PPI.

Now I just put the phone down. I have my Land line. I have never given anyone that number and I know as soon as it starts to ring its an uninvited caller. Hello Mr. ... . Then the Phone goes down on them.

I will admit I was taken in at first when the whole thing kicked off back when the recession kicked in and I was entertaining them and talking and seeing if I was entitled to the likes of PPI. One Cold caller put the Phone down on me after I said I never had a mortgage or Credit Card.

I know the situation is bad in some country's were their are very little or no regulations around these things but in the UK we have it pretty good. I think in America you even have to pay for your banking as to what you don't hear in the UK.

I read that some were.

My advice is, if its a private number answer it. If they are a cold caller and introduce them selves as *such and such* just put the phone down. Put your self on the do-not-call-list. and be very care full who you give your number out to. Just put it down if you have to.

I was taken in by them at first but now I'll aether argue with them and laugh or just hang up.

Back
Top Bottom