How do I record from TV to hard drive?

marchboom

Beta member
I would like to record audio from the TV to my hard drive and was wondering if I need special software to do it. I tried it with my laptop that is running XP but it only recorded for a few minutes. I would like to record for 4-5 hours, if possible.

I also have a desktop with Windows 7 that I could use.

Thanks

First thing you will need is an internal TV tuning card that goes normally to PCI slots. When you have this you need to have the computer booted up and a program running for you to watch TV. That program will allow you to recored directly what is running in the TV.

• A TV tuner
    There are many types of TV tuners, from expansion cards known as TV tuner cards to external TV tuners that connect to your computer through a USB port or IEEE 1394 port.
    Some computers come with TV tuners. If your computer does not have a TV tuner, you might be able to add one. Go to the Windows Vista Hardware Compatibility Center website for a list of TV tuners that are compatible with Windows Vista.
  • A TV signal connected to your computer
    Depending on your TV tuner capabilities, it might be possible to connect a TV signal to your computer from an over-the-air antenna, a cable jack in the wall, or a set-top box. The types of TV signals available in your region will vary—contact your local cable or satellite provider for more information.
  • Software for watching and recording live TV
    There are several options for software that will enable you to watch and record live TV on your computer. If you are running Windows Vista Home Premium or Windows Vista Ultimate, you already have what you need: Windows Media Center. If you don't have Home Premium or Ultimate, you can either upgrade to one of these editions of Windows Vista or install a third-party application.
just google and ull find all the steps u need~

Back
Top Bottom