How do I overclock a GeForce FX 5500

leanto442

Solid State Member
Does anyone know how to overclock a graphics card? I don't know anything about overclocking- I just know that this particular model was the OC version. I have a GeForce FX 5500 (8x AGP) running in a machine with an AMD 3000 and 512 RAM. Would overclocking be useful, and is it feasible?

Thanks

I installed the coolbits and read the directions. Anyone have any idea what I could take it up to?

U just have to try. Just start increasing it by 5mhz at a time and then when u start getting stuff like the screen freezes for a few seconds and other bad stuff then u have gone over the limit. Then just lower it by a few mhz and try how well it works.

Also run a benchmark test (for example 3dMard03) and see how the score increases. My score starts to decrease when I increase my memory clock, I suspect it's because of too much heat, but anyway do this just to make sure that u are getting the best performance out of ur card.

"I just know that this particular model was the OC version."

Is it a BFG? If it is just right click on your dektop. Go to display(or nVidia display). Then it will take you to a menu thing. There should be some thing called overclocking or performance. Go in there and it will have clock speeds and memory speeds. Well just keep increasing those slowly like daemon said

ya and coolbits has a tester thing so it wont let u go over what it thinks is the limit for your card so u cant really damage it so just keep increasing it until coolbits tells u to stop

Back
Top Bottom