How do I get an amazing website without paying $4,000?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spit-wad

Bake a Pretty Cake!
I own and operate a website (North American DotA Syndicate). The content we cover is very specialized. I created the site on Joomla, however, we are expanding and the constraints of Joomla are starting to take their toll.

I've been looking into hiring a website development company, but have received quotes in the $3,000-$4,000 range.

I really just need the coding side of the development done - I have people who can do any graphical work. Anyone have any ideas of where I could look for help? $3,000 is not even close to our budget right now. My staff and I have some very specific ideas of what we're looking for, combining some features from multiple sites, but we realize that it would pretty much require a custom site to be made, and that we can no longer use a free CMS.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Good links - thanks. I had only found a few forums with small freelancer subforums.

I do web development freelancing on the side and would love to see what kind of project this is. PM me if you're interested (I don't charge nearly that much).

FYI 3,000 for something custom and more complicated than joomla or drupal is extremely reasonable. And that is without graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom