How do I disable the Group Policy Client service?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hirowhite

Solid State Member
Hi. I'm pulling my hair out here. I can't disable the Group Policy Client service. I'm disabling services that I don't need in order to speed up my comp, and I know it's just one service, but it's really annoying. I've tried the command prompt, I've tried msconfig, services.exe, the task manager. It just wont stop.

If anyone has any idea on how to disable this service I would really appreciate it. I've searched the internet and have determined that this service is only for business users and not for Vista hom.

Thank you,
Brad

Group Policy can not be stopped.. its fundamental for your system:

Group Policy service cannot be stopped

In Windows Vista, Group Policy is moved out of the Winlogon process and runs as a separate service. The Group Policy client is responsible for applying settings configured by administrators for the computer and users through the Group Policy component. In the Services snap-in, the options to start, stop, pause, and resume the Group Policy client are unavailable. This is because if the client service is stopped or disabled, the settings will not be applied, and applications and components will not be manageable through Group Policy. Any components or applications that depend on the Group Policy component might not be functional if the client service is stopped or disabled.

From http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...878e-48db-a3c1-4be6ac7cf7631033.mspx?mfr=true

kmon guyz, question was never really answered, even if po accepted the advice, question pops up in google but there is no answer to the original question, how to disable group policy client service??

1, don't dig up old threads. This thing is almost 4 years old.

2, This thread was answered because it's not possible to disable the service. There is no other answer besides not using windows which isn't always an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom