How do I delete a dual install of Win 2000

Raveboy

Baseband Member
I have managed to install Win 2000 twice on a hard drive. One of the installs is running okay but the other is not. I have tried doing a CLEAN install of o/s but the secondary o/s is still their.

I think I some how need to go into the >Start menu > run
and then delete the corrupt O/S (in bios or something similar) but am not sure how to do this.

DOes anyone have any ideas?

I have had a look around on the computer and think its in the 'command prompt' section/area but apart from that am not sure where to go - does anyone have any ideas?

I thinks its in the command prompt area to locate the corrupt o/s. does anyone know where to go from their and identify both operating systems and then I can delete the corrupt version?

if you put the cd in the drive you should be able to reformat the partition and install. This will delete all your files though.

To my knowledge I need to go into 'command prompt' apart from that I am not sure what to do.

I dont want to put disk in and do another install because I originally had the problem with multiple operating systems installed and tried another install but the other operrating system stayed put.

If I try it again I may loose all drivers and still have same problem.

There is a way too delete unneccesary operating systems in command prompt I am not sure how though.

I'm not sure about using command prompt, but if you back up all the data and then put the cd in and format the drive and reinstall you will have a single installation of the OS on your hard drive.

Reformat or put the hdd in a nother computer as a slave and go to my computer and right click and format

Back
Top Bottom