How do I connect PC to LCD HDTV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JLBbll

Beta member
Hi guys, I've been looking around on the net searching for a solution to convert my LCD HDTV to PC monitor. Could anyone help me out here because I have no clue what I'm supposed to do.

I have a Geforce 6600GT 128MB video card as of now, but I'm getting ATI All in wonder X1800 XL 256MB in a few days.

My HDTV is Samsung LN-R238W 23"

I tried connecting through VGA but TV shows that "mode not supported". Then I tried S-video and it ended up with no signal.

Could anyone help please?

If you have a video card with S-Video out, then plug that S-video cord to the TV.

However, you won't get sound. You will need to a Y cable that converts standard audio (L+R) to the headphone port jack.

Some TV's have a VGA input, but i'm not sure if LCD TV's do...

The General said:
It will look terrible, worse than a 14" CRT from the days we used dot matrix printers.

If you have a TV ready Video card, there will be "profiles" within the Card that will alter the view of the TV. It will look perfect, if you have the right card.

My bluetooth enabled computer has an HDTV ready video card, and I plugged it into my RCA ready TV with SD Technology.

Cut the jargon. If your video card has a TV out, plug it in. It's still NTSC (because he has a 6600gt) and it will still look like trash.

Set whatever profiles you want, its still either 1024x768 scaled down to NTSC or worse.

See thats weird. We plugged in my roomates pc that uses a 5900 series card. We hooked it up via S-vid, and changed the Card profile to TV settings. It looked perfect on my 55' HDTV Sony Wega. We even played BF2 and CS:S on it.

My LCD HDTV has VGA Input, I tried connecting again last night and it finally worked. The resolution is at 1024x768 and it looks like crap on the HDTV. I can't get the resolution up to 1360 x 768 on the video card. I guess it's because 6600GT doesn't support it.

I'm getting a All-In-Wonder X1800XL soon, it supports HDTV, you guys think that would work?

Re:

JLBbll said:
My LCD HDTV has VGA Input, I tried connecting again last night and it finally worked. The resolution is at 1024x768 and it looks like crap on the HDTV. I can't get the resolution up to 1360 x 768 on the video card. I guess it's because 6600GT doesn't support it.

I'm getting a All-In-Wonder X1800XL soon, it supports HDTV, you guys think that would work?

Hello,

Aren't there any DVI inputs on the back of the LCD HDTV?

Example (the top port):

lt2730hvinputs0ru.jpg

1024 x 768 sounds about right with VGA. I have the same setup, except with a different video card. My LCD HDTV only goes up to 1024 x 768. That's probably what is holding you back, not your video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom