how do i check my graphics card

maanico1

In Runtime
topic.... i need to know if i have atleast a DirectX 7 level graphics card.. its a vaio k series if anyone knows, thanks....

Yeah, that programs great for finding out things about your system, and suggest you download it.

After a bit of research though, I found out what the video chip it uses is:

Its an ATI Radeon IGP 345M graphics chip which uses 64mb of RAM shared with the system.
It runs on Direct X 8 graphics, so Direct X 7 will be supported too of course, so thats okay :)

I wouldn't expect it to run games at high resolutions or settings though, and so will struggle on new games.
You should be able to run some games though if your lucky as it depends what games you have to start with.

I found this on the ATI website of the 420M, but you have the 450M, yet can't find anything on the website about it, yet should be a bit better in terms of performance than the 420M so its just for a guideline:

http://www.ati.com/products/radeonigp/rigp340m.html

I hope this helps :)

even easier-->go to start > run > type in "dxdiag" without the quotes. go to video tab (or similar) and it'll say there.

Thats what I thought and I was wrong, hehe

All it tells you is the Direct X installed (e.g 9), and any video card, even a Direct X 7 card can have Direct X 9 drivers installed as some games need it,

Yet, it won't tell you what the card actually supports, i.e what extra effects it can do, as it might still only be a Direct X 7 card and so won't support shaders for example, since this was implemented into Direct X8

*EDIT* Oh okay :p

Back
Top Bottom