how do i change my username (xp)

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
i noticed that under 'documents and settings' my real name is there, but under the start menu the name i want it to be is there. sometimes programs that needs me to put a name in uses my real name, and i don't like that. how can i change the 'documents and settings' name thing to what it says in my start menu.

I dont think im sure what you are trying to say but if you want to change your computer name, you go to My Computer: properties, and Computer Name and then change it...And if you already told the program the name, for example when you first installed and you typed in your name you cant change that unless you reinstall. Im sorry dont know if thats what ur asking

untitled5mk.jpg

Dev0115 said:
I dont think im sure what you are trying to say but if you want to change your computer name, you go to My Computer: properties, and Computer Name and then change it...And if you already told the program the name, for example when you first installed and you typed in your name you cant change that unless you reinstall. Im sorry dont know if thats what ur asking

untitled5mk.jpg
His asking for username for windows XP account not comp name :p

Back
Top Bottom