Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Word of mouth/friend

• Other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
my close friend, Difolo, who doesnt really come on these forums anymore, suggested i should visit this site for more info about computers n stuff, so here i am :).

difolo lives 3 blocks away from me too n we have known each other since 8th grade; 6 yrs. Right now, he lives in a dorm in UC Merced up north of CA.

FYI, this forum has probably cost me around 2000 bucks. Before i started hanging out here, i only needed enough computer to play wow.

LOL I found the forums via google, I wanted to make sure my system build was ok. found out it wasn't lol, and yeah, it's already cost me a bit lol, as I check into this and that and the other. my friends tell me that I'm constantly changing my mind about my parts and costs and everything.... I tell them I get better advice nearly every month from you guys!

Like most Google, I didn't have any need I just wanted to join a forum that was about computers.

Ha, wayyy back in 2005. I was building a computer for my Senior Project and I think I needed some input on something. Oh man those were the days :) . My senior year of high school was incredible.

EDIT: To answer the question of the thread haha, google. I think I searched for Computer forums or technology forums.

Anyway, ya, I'm pretty sure that was why. I believe it was right around the time AMD came out with their X2 dual cores. I was one of the first kids around here to have one haha. AMD X2 3800+ FTW! It had a 7800GT and 1.5GB of DDR OCZ. Ohhhh socket 939, how I miss thee.

I think it was Google. Not sure as it was 4 years ago. :p

But i was googling around for some tech forums as i loved to post on forums at the time. Found this place and started responding to the Windows Questions. The rest is history.

Now a Mod and the Windows Guru for some reason....

still have to ask about that one....

Friend jesspren6 (lives across town from me, heh) referred to to here. Needed some help at one point, so I asked him what the URL of this place was...I asked a few questions about my Internet not working I think..can't really remember lol. Anyway, I left for a while, and then remembered this place again...and here I am.

I was talking to my friend zmatt after class one day and he happened to mention this forum. I read some of the posts and was hooked. Before I knew about Tech Forums I was content with gaming on my laptops integrated graphics but needles to say that is no longer the case.

At college last year in the computer room I happened to look across the room and saw nitestick on some sort of tech site, and I was like wow you're a mod thats kwl. Technically I should have said he referred me, but I accidentally joined a tech-forums.com instead of .net at first, so yeah. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom