How close is too close?

MikeReiner

Golden Master
I have three CRT monitors sitting on my desk.. whenever I have all three turned on, they act kinda funky.. is it a bad thing to have them this close to each other ? (they have about 1/2 an inch of space between each other)

maybe messing with the refesh rates would help. i dont know if this would really work or not, but its just an idea.

Go figure.. arhg.. I need LCDs.. guess I should go look for a kmv switch for now.. rather than having three monitors all on my desk lol

MarxSoccer said:
Yes. Crt's have big ol magnets inside
and if they are the older unshielded type you'll get screen anomalies due to magnetic interference, my two LG 17" models used to sit bezel to bezel with no problems because they are relatively newer models so a gap was not required. (until #1 son built his own pc and I had to share one with him :rolleyes: )

(currently trying to talk the Mrs letting me spend $600 on two slim bezel LCD's, without much success mind you :mad: :D )

Deathstar said:
and if they are the older unshielded type you'll get screen anomalies due to magnetic interference, my two LG 17" models used to sit bezel to bezel with no problems because they are relatively newer models so a gap was not required. (until #1 son built his own pc and I had to share one with him :rolleyes: )

(currently trying to talk the Mrs letting me spend $600 on two slim bezel LCD's, without much success mind you :mad: :D )
ah, my 19" CRT probably is.. but the other two (17" and 15") are likely causing the problems. Too bad.

Haha, too bad man.

Back
Top Bottom