How can i improve the lagging on my laptop?

bruins420711

Beta member
not sure if this is the right section or not but figured i would try posting this here first.

hi i have a toshiba satellite L355-S7915 laptop. for a while i have been experiencing my laptop to lag alot while im on the internet. but mostly when im playing games on facebook. i use google chrome and i tried to switch to mozilla firefox but it still lags. ive tried the following:

1. defragging the computer
2. scanning the computer(with avg)
3. using system mechanic to clean clutter out and stop running programs in background and unwanted programs from starting on startup.
4. tried hooking a ethernet cable to my modem to see if it would still lag(cause people have told me that wireless will still lag) and with the ethernet cable connected it still lagged.

i don't know much about computers all i know how to do is scann for viruses, remove them, defrag and what not. but im not really detailed with computers. but ive been searching online trying to familiarize myself with computers more in depth besides just knowing how to remove and virus and stuff. but i'm kind of back up against a wall and not sure what else to try or do. i don't have the money to bring to have someone check it out or fix it or what not.

the computer itself is about 6 or 7 years old i believe. and im also using windows vista(not sure if that helps or matters but figured i would throw it in anyway) but any suggestions or help or responses would be greatly appreciated. thanks. in advanced :)

You know, every couple of years it doesn't hurt to wipe the drive and start over. Save what's important to you, pics and what not. Then with a operating system in hand, wipe the drive and reinstall the OS.
Make sure you can get the drivers for that model before you wipe the drive.

The computer is just getting old. If the specs that I found are correct, it has an intel celeron running at 2.2 GHz. That's an old processor, and would explain why you have been experiencing lag. Also, Vista takes more resources than XP, which leaves less room for you to run your programs. You took all the right steps, but unfortunately, your best option is to get a new computer.

Have downloaded ccleaner yet???(im not spamming i use it to) If you click the battery icon on the task bar click mor power options or something like tha and click high performance. Goto run type msconfig and click run and open the services tab tell me every item you see there

Last edited:
The computer is just getting old. If the specs that I found are correct, it has an intel celeron running at 2.2 GHz. That's an old processor, and would explain why you have been experiencing lag. Also, Vista takes more resources than XP, which leaves less room for you to run your programs. You took all the right steps, but unfortunately, your best option is to get a new computer.

i appreciate that. i don't know alot alot about computers but know some and know how to clean comp and scan for viruses and stuff like that. i was kind of afraid of that lol. is there anyway to install a different intel celeron on here or no?

The intel celeron is the processer, which means its Hardware, and you will have to upgrade it. But prices for laptops these days if you can afford it you are better off buying a new one

even if it could be upgraded the chipset and socket is still too old to handle newer CPU's like the Core I3-I5-I7.
also laptops CPU is gonna cost more money then a desktop CPU.

Hi,

The guys are right the old Celeron is not a good processor however i see no reason that it can't still give you the basics.

A clean install of either XP of 7 (i would stay away from Vista).
and for running basic Internet pages, Office 2003 etc etc then it will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom