How about.....

Oh nice, are those the bigadv ones? I dont remember them being worth that much lol.

The work units im getting for the gpus are varying a lot. some are 3 hours, then i got a 9 day one, dumped that. Im probably not even going to fold for 9 days lol, just coming back for some fun. Working on an 18 hour one right now, figured i would leave that one going, just to contribute to what ever they need done.

The PPD is really just not consistent. If i could run just the 3 hour ones, i might actually get back into folding, let it run a few hours a day, but im not going to run it 24/7 for these long ones, just too much power consumption.

EDIT: apparently some issues with the new projects. However you can get around that by running linux folding, the 9201 wus being the only ones available. Been meaning to make an ubuntu partition just haven't had the time, might get around to doing that for this.

Last edited:
The gpu seems to have 2 units, 8000 base and like 15000 base. You should have let the 9 day unit run, as I can't see a 970 running any unit that slow.

Yha, the units I run are the "super" bigs. But they are getting cut off in a few months. I get ~170k on them and 60k on regular smp units.
Once the big units stop, not sure how efficient the system will be, and could make me stop unless I switch to gpus.

^ i dont have any issues with the 650D. My GTX 970s (given with the msi non reference coolers and copper heat pipes) run at a cool 65 ish c on 75 fan speed. And thats with it in a tight corner on my rug floor. Working on rearranging things to put it on the bar fridge beside my computer for better airflow, and for i can see inside the window. (gotta be able to see all that eye candy. Especially since i just ordered a corsair white individually sleeved cable kit)

Stopped Folding for now tho, consumed too much power, especially since it gets stuck on those really long WU's for like a day, just not worth it. Tried to fold on ubuntu but i cant get the nvidia drivers working on it.

I got an instant 10-15C increase when I switched from my Antec 900 to the 650D.

Man I'm really thinking of buying at r9 290 right now, as NCIX has a Club3d on for 279! The reviews show it runs 20C+ cooler.
My 560Ti is getting old so I've been thinking of replacing, and the 970s are great on power, but pricey... Though they run cool and sip power.
It's the $420 vs $279 and the 290 uses the same power as my 560ti....

idk about one 970, as i went straight to sli but they are beasts. Chews up everything, even 4k (sli chews up 4k). I haven't been able to find a good deal on a 4k monitor yet, but 4k downscalled to 1080p i easily get 60 frames in all current games. Looks like i got the gold editions at a good time too, got both for 420, now on the website i got them on they are 460.

Havent looked into the r9 290 much though

Back
Top Bottom