Houston, We have a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Doing some HDD maintenance and I saw this, Though I think its was worse before(it was so fragged up that icons got messed up).

:eek: :freak: :dead: :wooha:

I sense my harddrive is dying...

Holy crap, thats bad. Yea I definitly Agree on O&O Defrag. It roks. Has alot of Great features and five different ways to defrag a drive depending on your need.

I'll try some of those, but this drive has to be like 8 years old. I wish they made drives with a lifefime warranty.

disk perfect is the other good one that I am aware of.

HA HA HA that is so bad lol :p
Anyways, next time I need to defrag I'm gonna use O&O for myself, heard lots of good things about it. Windows defrag takes forever and it never gets it all done until the second or third pass.

Well, thanks Trotter it worked great. I was just going to reformat, because thats why I have two drives, but no need.:cool:

DUDE!
Just what is it that you do on your computer to mess up your hard drive like that. I have not seen any thing like that since my Windows-98-on-3Gb-HHD-and-I-just-got-a-CD-Burner days

Harper said:
DUDE!
Just what is it that you do on your computer to mess up your hard drive like that. I have not seen any thing like that since my Windows-98-on-3Gb-HHD-and-I-just-got-a-CD-Burner days

My disks were fragmented much worse. Especially drive E:\

Here's a screenshot of my disks a couple of weeks ago:
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/9776/naamlooscm1.png

And here is a screenshot of how it looks now:
http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/2131/naamloos2is1.png

Defragging D:\ and E:\ took extremely long. Especially E:\ because it doesn't have much space. I moved tons of files a from E:\ before defragging, but most files on E:\ are really huge, so it still was a slow process. (for big files you need more continious free space, or it will defrag block-by-block = slow).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom