Hotspot to router?

pnolans

Solid State Member
I recently acquired an iPad from ATT that has darned good internet connectivity. There are many YouTube videos about how to take the SIM out and use it in a router. Well, ATT got smart and now they use an "eSIM"... :)

So, I'm wondering about how to connect my iPad to a router and let other things like my laptop and Firestick connect to the router.

I'm now shopping for a router to use.
Do I look for "repeater" functionality on the router? I'm not a newbie, but it's been a few years since I messed around with routers, when I lived in an apartment. Everything was wire back then (less than 10 years ago!) ..

Now I'm retired , live in an RV and pretty much rely on everything being wireless.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Patrick

Last edited:
When we RV the camp ground provides wireless internet service (which really sux) so I just use my cell phone as a hot spot to get on line with that method. Your not stating if your using the campgrounds wireless or if your RV is running on a wired connection from the lot your parked on.

When we RV the camp ground provides wireless internet service (which really sux) so I just use my cell phone as a hot spot to get on line with that method. Your not stating if your using the campgrounds wireless or if your RV is running on a wired connection from the lot your parked on.
Thanks, Joe, but I thought I very clearly stated that I'm using MY iPad as a personal hotspot. I am definitely NOT trying to use the RV Park's wifi. What I'm trying to accomplish is to somehow connect my iPad's hotspot to a router and be able to offer it as a "connection point" to more than one device, as I said , such as my amazon Firestick and laptop.

In the interest of increased clarity,

My iPad , which is running as a personal hotspot, works very well indeed. What I would like to do is the following: I would like to somehow "connect" the hotspot network to a router of some sort, so that I can offer the hotspot service to my other devices, such as my laptop and Firetv stick.

> Your iPad may or may not already set up to connect more than one device at a time, it depends on the model and what AT&T is going allow you what you can do.
Yes, Joe, that is the point that I was trying, apparently unsuccessfully to make.

I'll take a look at the URL you provided. Thanks!

STEP 1 Get the Right Router. You will need to purchase a router that allows for mobile tethering.
STEP 2 Connect Your Phone to the Router. You should physically connect your phone to the router with a USB cable.
STEP 3 Instigate a WiFi Hotspot.

This May Help,
Peter

Back
Top Bottom