Hooking up my Xbox 360 to a wireless router

zHorn

Beta member
I have had my Xbox 360 for about 4 months now and I'm so far really happy with it, but I want to experience the full effect of Xbox Live too. My problem is that my computer with cable internet(Comcast High Speed) is upstairs, and my Xbox 360 is downstairs. I've hear of wireless routers from other postings but I'm really not sure how to hook them up. My only thought was that could i put a wireless router downstairs and hook the ethernet cord up to the back of it. Then place a wireless adapter card or USB to my compute upstairs. If anyone knows of this working or any other cheap but effective ways to hook up Live, please do tell me. Finally, is there a way to use little or no cords in hooking this up because my cats eat every single cord they can reach! Thank you for you time
zHorn

Wireless router, wireless adapter on the 360 is best route for no wires. Or...wireless router and a cat5 cable to the 360, but it'd be out in the open laying there.

i agree with sincenine19, the wireless adapter for the 360 is the easiest way to go if you want wireless...thats what i have on mine :D

before i bought the adapter though i had cables running out the wazoo trying to hook that thing up to my router...very messy and easy to trip over. (i ran that mess a long way across my house lol) but it's like Raffaz said. it was less likely drop my connection and it seemed to have less lag

either way in the end dude it's fun to play on :cool:

Back
Top Bottom