HOOKAH TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.

overlord20

Fully Optimized
Seems like Hookah bars and what not are hitting the streets. Does anyone know where someone could purchase a good Hookah online as well as NON Tobacoo shisha?

Ive always wanted to try hookah, heard the tobbaco is very good and smooth....unlike regular tobacco found in cigarettes.

that really shouldn't be allowed :|

no one's allowed political topics or religious so why are they allowed to shove this opinion at everyone?

Of all the topics on the OT first page, 1 of them is for something other than a opinion and about real help. Nitro Car. Every other one calls for some form of opinion to be posted. Simple fact.

So without these opinions how would this area even exist? He has every right to make his feelings know about his thought of such activities just as you have every right to object to it. Plain and simple.

I long been a passionate narghile smoker

Hookah's doesn't have to use molasses that contain nicotine, I have a couple of packets of nicotine with flavoured molasses but mainly smoke nicotine free through mine (I have 2 or more of every flavour made by soex). I have a 3-4 foot tall, 3 hose one aswell as a smaller 1.5 foot single hose one which I take round other peoples houses as its more portable. I can't help you with sourcing one in America as I have only bought in the UK. Any questions you have about it or how to prepare I can help though I am currently travelling around S.E.Asia so not on that often.

Quick tips
Cool the water in the fridge and add a few ice cubes as it helps to get creamier cleaner smoke.
Change the water after each flavour has burnt out
Move the coal around often to prevent burning of a section of the molasses as it spoils the rest
Clean your pipe thoroughly
Use flavourless coals (designed for the purpose) if you have the time to prep them, the quick light coals give a slight unpleasant tinge to the flavour, difficult to notice unless your palate has become accustomed to the richer flavour of slow burning coals. I have a big box of quick lighting for parties and such but when having a chilled smoke with friends always use the flavourless charcoal.
The tip of the pipe should be 0.5-1 inch below the surface of the water
Some cheap pipes don't have ball bearings between the water/smoke chamber and the tube this is fine for single pipe models but is needed for multiple pipe models to prevent addittional air thinning the smoke.
Use a hood over the coal it warms the air around the coal so that you get a consistent heat over the molasses opposed to a rush of hot air then a rush of cold as you suck in.

Some fun games and etiquette
You should not hand the pipe to others you should place it on the table and allow people to reach in and grab the pipe themselves (middle eastern custom and considered and insult if you hand it to another directly)
Its a relaxing activity that was designed to replace alcohol which is forbidden for muslims so as opposed to going to a pub or a bar they would go to a tea house and smoke shisha.
Fill the water bowl with a spirit like vodka then you can get it super cold below freezing and the smoke is exceptional and then drink the flavoured vodka afterwards.
Try and fill a bottle with smoke until it is completely packed and creamed then you can blow really thick smoke rings by breathing the smoke in from the bottle all at once.

Of all the topics on the OT first page, 1 of them is for something other than a opinion and about real help. Nitro Car. Every other one calls for some form of opinion to be posted. Simple fact.

So without these opinions how would this area even exist? He has every right to make his feelings know about his thought of such activities just as you have every right to object to it. Plain and simple.

well if that's allowed we should be able to have topics about politics

well if that's allowed we should be able to have topics about politics

That's not the same thing... Politics/religion are topics that more people strongly about versus other issues, which can lead to more than just a debate (a flame war), hurt feelings, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom