Hook Me up with the best 8GB of RAm

dakxxus

BSOD
Hook Me up with the best 8GB of RAM

After getting used into the double edged sword named "Vista", I have noticed that while running oblivion my physical memory is at 70%. Which seams awful high to me, even if it isn't I prefer not to see it get up there :) So, I need the best 8GB's of RAM money can buy (newegg only) and I have a Intel 5000X Motherboard which has 8 RAM slots, and currently they are filled with:

And:

Thanks ahead of time guys

Isn't "Xeon" more for servers? Or am I wrong?
Anyways, it could be a problem with Vista why it's running so high or it could be your current RAM, it's a lot of RAM which is good, but there's not enough mhz on it, isn't 300mhz a bit to low? I'm getting a new 4gb stick with i think it was 2000mhz or something...

Your RAM is being bottlenecked by the CPU. I was asking for the FSB because if it's not 1333MHz then your RAM is 667MHz, but it seems that your FSB is 1333MHz therefore your RAM bottlenecks to 667MHz. It doesn't matter if you get 1600MHz RAM it will only run as 667MHz in your computer. I think buying 8GB is a waste unless you want to listen to music, video edit, photoshop, and game all at the same time.

I still can't figure out why nobody has posted a link. Not trying to be rude.. But here we go. All I asked for was some decent RAM, and for some odd reason all I get was some attempted assessment of my computer? Thanks, but no thanks.

Back
Top Bottom