Hook computer up to TV?

Ant's solution works as well. One way or another you need the VGA connected to the TV and the "headphone" jack connected to the tv.

$30 bucks and you can have a low profile HDMI video card.
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 5450 1GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card ( 100292DDR3L) - Newegg.com

Never used this card, but it's an example. You'll want to make sure it comes with a low-profile bracket or you'll want to pick one up while shopping if it doesn't (they are only a couple bucks).

This is actually alot simple if you just purchase a vga lead with stero audio, I actually just bought one last week, then use a female to 2 rca adapters if you have the ports on the tv, or just plug them into the headset and this should work, it's all quite simple.

Heres a diagram

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/videoware/VGAAudioCable.pdf

$5 lead does the trick

Ant's solution works as well. One way or another you need the VGA connected to the TV and the "headphone" jack connected to the tv.

I am probably going to go with Ants solution until I can afford to get a good GPU for it..

Just an update, Whilst I was connecting my laptop up last night to the tv in my bedroom and the HDMI cord wouldn't work, I had a spare aux cord and VGA cable, So the TV has input for PC sound and I hooked that up and it works fine, Would it also work if I use a pair of white or red cable for audio in TV's like the AV cables plugged into my desktop without needing any adapters?

Yeah you can get a 3.5mm plug to RCA audio plugs cable. Get one that's attenuated otherwise the audio signal will be too strong and it will distort.

Back
Top Bottom