Homework.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chankama

Fully Optimized
"How is the unit step function applied to information systems"???.. Surely, you can be more specific than that??!

"Don't get 0wn3d..."

WELCOME TO TECH-FORUMS!!

Yeah, Man. Is this one of those questions they asked on your test? If so, it will depend on what you were told during class, or what is in your text book.

What I mean is, we could give you our perception of the answer, (and it will most likely be true), but if it doesn't correspond with your homework, (Lecture or your textbook) you might just your answers marked off, or a failing grade.:(

Help us!:p :cool:

"OMG i got pwnd 2..."

I hope this will help, this is a good referance:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_numeral_system

Now I am certainly not a master of Binary code (at all) but i can kind of sum it up by saying that binary digits are used to calculate existing letters and numbers into a pattern of one positive, and one negative numeral from a typical number or letter. (- means equal or lower than 0 and 1 means greater than 0.)

Yeah, I know this sounds dumb, and it probably doesn't help at all, but i didn't take my medication yet. Sorry. :p

Wikipedia is probably the best bet you have, because it actualy shows HOW a computer calculates mathematical numbers into Binary.:confused:

[size= 1]Here is a website that won't help you, but is kinda fun to play with. It converts text and numbers into binary:[/size]

http://nickciske.com/tools/binary.php

PS:: I hope a more experienced member can join in *Caugh*firefox,emily,Dmo224*cough*cough*:D :cool:

Sounds to me like your taking a sting, putting it into a case select, and then using a process to give it a boolean output. So, in otherwords, if said variable is eq or less then 0, the variables value would be equal to 0, and 0 to any other higher number would give said variable a boolean value of 1/true. easy way to think of this, is imagine 2 variables. One variable would be an integer, the other a boolean. Take the value of the integer, lets say call this x and have it compare to a specific set value, using <>= statements... at this point, you can determine what the value is. This can be done either through direct user input, or more probable a function within the code that passess a certain value to finally be determined its boolean value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom