Home Stereo from computer ???

Purplediablo

Beta member
I just bought a new home and looking to run a couple of speakers from the computer to various parts of the house.

I am running a Logitech speaker/headset w/mic splitter which is equiped with a selection toggle switch from my sound card for games and music while at the computer.

Any recommendations on how to connect a 2nd set of speakers that I can run to another part of the house?

You probably won't be able to just connect a second set of random speakers. You'll need to have a 5.1 setup out of the box, especially with PC speakers. Your also going to need a sound card that supports 5.1 audio. I would recommend and Audigy, or Audigy 2. You get EAX, and that's a nifty little addon compared to what something like the Soundblaster Live! would give you.

You can too wire any type of speakers you want to your computer. You might not have full control of the front rear without some surround sound card, but it's certainlly possible. All you need is a splitter. You could make one or buy one from radio shack. You might have to do some additional wiring, and will probably need an additional amp(depending on the size of the speakers), but it's possibe.

Well sure, you could do it, but is it really worth it? I mean, especially when you won't have true surround sound. I don't know, it just seems like a lot of work, for not a lot of profit...

That's what I did before I got a SB Live. It can really sound nice if done right. Heh, though now I just have the front channel going ;P I really should get a back channel going again.

I have the sb live card also, it has 2 plugs for speakers. in one of the plugs I put my desktop speakers, and the other one, I got a 1/8 inch to rca adapter and hooked it up to my stereo...of course you have to have a stereo with auxillary rca inputs.

Thx guys, not really looking to get the surround sound effect just want to listen to music while I work on some reno's.

I will look into a sound card.

Anyone seen any WIRELESS speakers around?

Back
Top Bottom