Home Group and Network Issues (again)

RonNYC

Baseband Member
Well, all sort of worked OK for a while. I mean, I could print from the notebook via the printers connected to the desktop. Both run Win7. Now, no.

My homegroup is empty (on both computers). I just tried leaving and creating new ones on each, using the same password; no deal. Both are connected via lan to the router. Both can use the Net. There are no other problems.

Now on the desktop when I try to look at the notebook's shares, I cannot. I am asked for a network password. I tried my windows user name and pwd, no go. Not sure what to do.

Both computers are the same-named workgroup. Under the Network section in Explorer, I can see both computers, but cannot access the desktop. File sharing is enabled. I am really getting totally frustrated. This is just awful. Some days it works, some days it doesn't.

OK, some listing for Media player appears for both computers on both computers.

And if I ping each computer from itself I get their mac address not IP address. But now neither computer can ping the other via its IP address.

WHEN I try to reach the notebook via the Desktop I can see it but when I try to get to it I am asked for my Network password. Now, I log into both computers so I know the user password, but network password?
RON

Back
Top Bottom