Holy Cow!!

acerinpa

Fully Optimized
Well - its getting that time - my gamer rig is about 3 years old = i5 6600K with a Geforce 1070. So, I start looking at what new and improved, etc. etc as I may go to 2k gaming in the next year or so. And decide on a Ryzen5 5600X CPU, I build it out from there with 32GB (3200) RAM, a X570 MOBO , a reasonable good CPU air cooler, 1GB PCI-M slot drive ( Windows 10 and other software) and a 3 TB HHD ( storage) and its looking pretty good for about $1200. Then I go to find a new video card and it is like - What the *&*^!! The prices are crazy high and also NOT in stock. LOL I guess I have been living under a rock for a few years. So, I am now on the EVGA waiting list since i am a "elite member" - I doubt that will make any difference. While waiting for the world to come back to reality and GPU's become retail priced and available again I figured I would visit "tech forums" and say hello to anybody left here. I figure on a 3070 -3080 GPU will do the job - if I can get my hands on one for a reasonable price. Not completely sold on the Ryzen 5600x so if anybody can suggest a better build - please feel free to post/comment.

5600Xm or 5800X, can't go wrong with either TBH. But yeah, GPU prices are nuts right now. It will take some time for things to level back out.

Hey Trotter , been a while, I see you purchased a game I just bought today some time ago = Outer world. Did you like it? What does the litel m mean after the 5600x - is that a mobile CPU- I may have messed up in my other post then. Alternative to that build is the newer Intel i5 11600K CPU for under $300 - similar price to the Ryzen 5 5600X.

Last edited:
m = fat fingers. LOL

I haven't played The Outer Worlds yet. I let my nephew use my Steam account so he bought it. I keep meaning to give it a try but... I'm lazy.

Back
Top Bottom