Hollywood Bails out NASA For Film Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh boy not this again. My dad knows one of the engineers who worked on the telemetry computer. Anyone who doubts we landed on the moon needs to take their tin hats off. heck we are going back soon enough so I'm sure one of the things they will do is take pictures of the old landing sites.

yep, we definitely have landed on the moon. It's a pity about the string of mistakes that have been happening recently, but hopefully the next planned mission will, well, resemble an actual planned mission not just a big fireball or anticlimax.

Whoever decided that cheaper is better is a moron. They should have gone back to a few more expensive programs. Sending a mars rover every few years is a good way to mess up. Everyone is rushed for time and the budget is very small. you can't expect every mission to be a success or even most of them when the budget is $3 million.

Yeah, lol cheapness + rockets does not equal success.
I suppose from the governments point of view though, what's the point in these missions? There's no immediate benefit for them. I mean, even if some really expensive or rare resource was found on the moon, what are they going to do? Imo that's why funding for these missions has been so poor.

Well they got a ton of support during the cold war because it was a way to beat the soviets. Just one more dimension to our childish rivalry. After the iron curtain fell there wasn't a huge benefit to going back to the moon or to mars for that matter. So the manned side atrophied and the practice of sending cheap probes everywhere came about. Even during NASA's heyday probes were a joke. We sent a ton to the moon and into orbit and never heard from them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom