Hockey anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that save on Crosby was AMAZING!

Mike Green isn't that good at defense to stop Malkin though, and also Malkin and Crosby are on seperate lines, so you can't stop the two at once with Semin and Ovechkin, because those two are usually on the same line. Evgeni Malkin always gets overshadowed by Crosby for some reason, and frankly it's unfair. Everyone keeps saying Ovie and Sid the Kid! Most people don't consider that Ovechkin is a pure sniper, while Crosby is possibly the best playmaker in hockey. Meanwhile Malkin, an incredible goal scorer, led the NHL with the most points, and he kept the team in it while they were slumping, but he doesn't get mentioned. Not to mention that Malkin is better than Ovechkin in terms of shooting, but Ovechkin just had about 300 more shots this season than Malkin.

And also Mak, I think that saying stopping Malkin and Crosby will stop their team can be said about stopping Ovechkin. In the first 2 games of the Rangers series, Marc Staal shut down Ovechkin, and the Caps lost.

For those who didn't see the game, or don't even like hockey, you will be amazed by the save:

YouTube - Simeon Varlamov save on Sidney Crosby

Luongo had an amazing stick save of his own, but you can expect it from him :p.

And by the way, thank you Mak and others for giving me more people to talk hockey with! It's my favorite sport to follow now. I also wanna know who you think the Isles should take with the number one pick of the draft! :D

I didnt seen Semin and Ove on the same line. In fact i barely saw Semin most of that game. He had only like 2 minutes of ice time in the 2nd period and was on the ice for the 3rd goal. Which was his first shift of the 3rd period. So they dont play on the same line much.

Green is out there most of all. But the Caps have done a great job.

Ove isnt a sniper. He can play jsut as well as Sydney. I mean just look up the goal that he got against Pheonix. The one where he was on his back rolling over and he shot it in for the goal. Not to mention the play he made against the Rangers to get a goal in oce of their games. Ove can play with the best of them. He is just known to be more of a sniper than anything cause he will hit.

Sydney is a premadonna. I could care less about him. I think malkin is a much better player.

Yes but that isnt always the case. Ove didnt score in every game. Yet the Caps came back to win. being a good player means that your presence draws more people to you which allows others to get open for the shot. Ove has done that. Jsut as Syndey and Malkin have as well.

If i am not mistaken Ove wasnt even on the ice when the Caps got the game winning goal. So he isnt the only player. Just the main focus. Fedorov is on the team with Semin and Green and he still is a force to recon with. maybe not as good as he was even 10 years ago. But he still can do it.

I didnt even pay attention to any other team but my Sabres till the playoffs began. It was then that i watched the Pens, Bruins, Caps and others. Of all teams the Caps have impressed me the most. the Bruins are the team to beat. Detroit is still the force. Anaheim is trying but i dont think they got it.

Malkin doesnt have issues taking hits. Crosby does. If anyone touches Crosby the rest of the team comes in to his rescue. To me that isnt the way it should be. I almost died laughing when he got into that fight with Johen Hecht of the Sabres and LOST. I mean seriously.

The Pens dont have it. Varlamov is good. He showed it in the first game. Yeah he got scored on by Crosby early. But he also stuffed him with almost god like moves later.

I watched just about every game this playoff season. The Caps want it more. To come from a 3-1 deficit to win the series 4-3 shows me that they want it. The Pens dont. Not as bad as teh Caps. Not to mention the riverly between Ove and Crosby gets under Sydney's skin.

So far my predicition about the Blackhawks and Canucks is right on. lop sided games both ways already. :p
Perhaps you're right, I haven't been watching that closely, and you can't tell much from highlights.

Canucks are going to have a hard time now, Salo is out. We may be done for, but I'll never lose hope!

Sadly i haevnt seen much of the Canucks and their games. Only cause they are on later here. they usually start at 9PM my time. By then i have already put baby to bed and am on the PC getting work done.

But for most of the other series i have seen jsut about every game. Detroid and Canes today going just over 5 periods was exciting. Well they went to the 3rd OT but the Canes scored really fast into it to tie up the series at 1.

Bruins lost today as well to tie up that series. Tomorrow it is time for my Caps/Pens again. I think the Pens take this game.

I didn't watch the game (was at an event, had constant cell phone updates :p ), but Luongo sure let a lot of goals in.

Salo is our best shot from the blue line, hands down (Edler isn't as good yet). He can play some solid D, and he gets pucks out of our end. He's an extremely underrated player if you ask me.

Hockey fans? cool.. Yeah I have been in Hockey heaven since the playoffs started.. being from Det (thats my team) I was concerned with the poor defensive play during the regular season and thought that would haunt them come playoff time.. the first round shut all the critics up As Detroit easily handled Columbus.. but I also watched the 8th place 07 cup champs beat the pres trophy winners and knew there was an upset in the making.. you can't fault the Sharks for losing to the Ducks they have knocked Detroit and many others out over the years and from the looks of their defense core limiting Detroit like they have, I predict they are the unstoppable force this post season.

Pens and Caps game was pretty intense last night. Wasn't too great until the 3rd and then OT was rediculous. So many close calls.

I can't believe the Bruins just lost... I don't know how the Hurricanes managed to squeeze past the Devils and the Bruins, but I think the Penguins will stop them. I was right about the Pens/Caps series, but I thought the Bruins would go all the way.

Next round I'm calling the Pens, and Detroit, and Detroit to take the cup. But who knows!

I thought that the Caps had teh Pens till i saw how poorly the D played for the Caps. No way that they should have even been allowed to take those shots let alone the soft goals let in by Varly. not that Theodore played that much better. Even if he did make thise saves they still would have only made it to OT and most likely lost then.

But looking at the stats for the series, Ovechkin played better. 8 Golas and 6 Assists compared to Crosby's 8 goals and 5 Assists. :p

I was shocked by the Canes. I was fully expecting the Bruins to take it in OT. Thomas was dancing on his head making many saves. But the Bruins showed no motivation in OT. They played almost the whole OT period in their own zone which was begging for them to lose. the Canes wanted it more and they earned it.

I think the Canes, if Brind A'Mour returns, can take the Pens. It will be a interesting series as the Canes are much more physical than the Caps are. They took it to the Bruins.

I will take Canes and Detroit. I will wait to see how these series play out before i make my call on who wins it now. To much has happened in this past week for me to be certain that Detroit has it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom