Hmm

What program will totally clean up my hard drive and only keep the required files I need. Please don't say system mechanic. I can't reformat because the floppy drive does not work and the computer won't boot from a CD because it's too old.

Thanks.

I assume that he is using windows, because he mentioned system mechanic. windows has a disk cleanup in it. And you cant just delete all those files, they may seem like their not used, but most are system files.

Darren's Boot and Nuke. Search it on google somewhere, buts its free and will overwrite data on your harddrive wiping it clean!

Edit: Whoops, that program will format your hd. Its best to just to format and reinstall your os, if you want a clean comp.

Def Just reformat I think that it will be better because I dont think that any programs can fully erase files of your hardrive
just format

Yes I am running windows. I can't reformat the HDD as I said before. Disk cleanup... has nothing on it. I'm still at 200 MB even when I deleted all my programs (about 300 MB). I don't understand it.

Back
Top Bottom