Hmm Money and food stamps...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I miss Schlitterbahn. I think thats pretty much the only thing i miss about texas. We used to go there every summer before i moved out to colorado.

Also, welcome to being a productive member of society. The only way you can get foodstamps and welfare is to quit your job and go have a bunch of kids. I work for the health department, and i just love seeing people drive up in their shiny new cars to pick up their WIC and welfare checks, meanwhile they are wearing all name brand clothes and shoes. Sometimes it sucks having a conscience.

That does suck, but who are these people? If it were two married adults and two children i bet you could get food stamps. If it is just four adults then you have the odds stacked against you, as you need to make very little income to get food stamps.

I truely am sorry to hear about your hardships. Is everyone working in the household? Or of working age and or ability?

While that only leaves you 1000 dollars a month left over, my fiance and i spend about 400 a month in groceries and we eat REALLY good - meaning lots of fresh fruit and vegetables. I really think if you watched what you bought, made a budge, you could easily spend as little as 500 or so a month on food - leaving you with 500 extra dollars a month.

$2,000 per month, assuming 20 business days in a month comes out to $100 per day or about $12.50 an hour for one full time person. Any chance that you can up the hours worked among the four of you? Or is there the possibility of a higher paying job search?

I miss Schlitterbahn. I think thats pretty much the only thing i miss about texas. We used to go there every summer before i moved out to colorado.

Also, welcome to being a productive member of society. The only way you can get foodstamps and welfare is to quit your job and go have a bunch of kids. I work for the health department, and i just love seeing people drive up in their shiny new cars to pick up their WIC and welfare checks, meanwhile they are wearing all name brand clothes and shoes. Sometimes it sucks having a conscience.

lol yeah i love to be in the meat market buying sausage or pork chops and a lady/man with like 40 kids comes in and starts plucking up the ribeyes and then plops down the ol WIC card. makes me feel like i am definitely doing my part to support....um....someone else's kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom