Hmm... LED Light Bulbs...

C0RR0SIVE

Golden Master
Ok, SOOO MAYBE someone here can help me... We use E-12 bulbs in newer fans here apparently, most manufactures switched over, and started to use shallow globes for the fans since it was more "stylish"... Here's the problem however. CFL bulbs are far too long to fit inside the ceiling fan with the globe on, about 3-4mm too long to be exact... The next issue, stores carry ONLY CFL and LED bulbs now, incandescent are no longer carried by any of the stores... Though incandescent bulbs come with the fans, I can't get my fingers on one...

Now, heres the fun part, has ANYONE found a short E-12 LED bulb thats 60w equiv or higher, or have any GOOD ideas that doesn't require me coming up with my own circuit with 5w LED's soldered to a large board???

Top bulb is a 40w equiv Halogen (which is also, NOT carried anymore), bottom bulb is a 60w equiv CFL... just a hair too long to let the fan globe fit... Yes, that is the SHORTEST CFL I can find around here...

faa38156777bf1ec9ce4b1418a662d6e.jpg

E-12 is just the base fitting size isn't it? What's hte length of the bulb, or better yet what's the max allowable length?

That's the problem, there's nothing saying the height, the bulb that does fit is approximately 8cm in length... not a lot of room really for a bulb. Yes, E-12 is the base fitting size, but can't change that base out on fans these days, welded into place on the newer ones. Spent all night looking for a high output LED bulb that can be used in fans that will fit, caan't find jack, and all the CFL bulbs are too big for the globe to fit up 0.0... Not sure why a manufacture hasn't made a different type of CFL for these types of fans... they can move the spiral around the baase of the bulb instead of above the base, would allow it to fit ceiling fans far more easily.

Last edited:
Easiest solution (read: workaround) would be to just not put the globe back on :p.

I don't like the house looking "trashy" because of a missing globe... lol... Plus, that globe seems to help scatter the light more evenly around the room. 0.0

a5758aa79c06a062b8d2f1bf3b5199bc.png

Surely SOMEONE has ideas and has ran into this issue? Not a cheap fan, nor small... it's a 56in fan that I paid about $90 for a few years ago... lol

Last edited:
I don't like the house looking "trashy" because of a missing globe... lol... Plus, that globe seems to help scatter the light more evenly around the room. 0.0

So is it more or less trashy to suggest cutting up a milk jug and using that as a globe? :p

I took mine off in the house because they trap heat and kill bulbs faster. Plus I like having 3 100w equivalent daylight brights in my living room. Makes it very easy to see clear Legos.

Back
Top Bottom