hmm aoe3 and odd lag?

madanchi

Daemon Poster
so strange thing is, aoe3 lags when in huge battles with particles effects everywere. So, I heard that as aoe3 is an old game, it was made for dual core and not quad. So im thinking thats the reason why as its not made for quad. is there any way to only use 2 cores instead of 4? I couldnt find it in ATI CCC

also it slighlty jolt lags when scrolling into a new parts of the map which it hasnt been on screen for that game, after its its been on screen it runs smooth

thanks in advance

you shouldnt have a problem with a dual core vs a quad core, AoE3 just wont use the extra cores. i have this problem too on my desktop but my friend doesnt on his. Im thinking that it could be that AoE3 just doesnt like widescreen monitors(most 23" monitors are widescreen), my friend has a 22" which not widescreen.

and btw this happens to me with any strategy games even newer ones like R.U.S.E so im pretty sure that its your monitor.

That is very odd, but I have heard that the extra threads can cause some issues in games, if they decide to scale, and share when the game doesn't support threading.

Try opening up the Windows Task Manager while the game is running and going to Processes. Track the game down, and right click, and go to Affinity.

De-select two cores, or even three and Apply it, and carry on running the game.

Does the problem go away?

question does this happen when you play over the lan or against the computer, ive had issues where it will lag over the lan but as apposed to regualar game play it worked fine. this is a great annoyance tho when the game lags

Disabling two cores won't make it run faster, people say it's better on dual cores because dual cores are clocked faster. So if the game is only threaded for 2 cores, it will run faster with the processor that has the faster clock speed (assuming they have the same architecture)

right, I think it might be the widescreen monitor like shozzking said, I disbaled cores - didnt work, even when only running it with one. and I havnt tried lan, only have ever tried on computer players

either aoe3 doesnt like amd/ ati or its just being a pain

thanks for the help anyway :)

we are talking age of empires 3 right?
cuz i have a quad and................ well maybe not
when i play, all of my cores are used. i wonder if iTunes sucks so much that it takes 2 cores to run

Back
Top Bottom