HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N (DVD WRITER) Problem

Ronnie23

Beta member
Hey, kinda in a bit of a mess.

OK new laptop for christmas Acer Aspire 3610
DVD drive name: HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N

I installed all the latest antivirus and games and stuff on it, using the cd/dvd drive (DVD DRIVE WORKED AT THIS POINT), it then was happy to install updates from microsoft, but now i have the problem of my dvd drive is like not there, i then went to device manager, and it says corrupt drivers (about the 4th time the laptop has booted) i took the decision from the forums else where to update the driver - no results, another was to uninstall the device, reboot and it should auto detect the new hardware, all good i thought, it did just that, auto detected, installed i went to load cd, and no luck, checked my computer and the dvd drive is not there, in device manager it shows corrupt drivers again, the thing is i looked everywhere over the net for these drivers, no where
HL-DT-ST DVD-RW GWA-4082N
thats the DVD drive, if anyone could help me with this problem, i would be greatly pleased, i no its off topic a bit.
I have screenshots that show in better detail. BTW i checked the bios and it shows the DVD drive to be there so therefore must be purely windows errors right.
Thanks
Cameron
(ronnie23@gmail.com - if you would like screenshots to help you, thanks)

well it's possible that the drive is broken.
The easiest thing to do would be just to take it back to where u bought it from. Since it's new u should have a warrenty so they will fix it for free.

Back
Top Bottom