Hitchhiking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
most of us don't live in a rural area, but then if you do you should really get a car :p

Rural areas are totally different thou. People tend to be more trusting and willing to help (so i hear) so its not too strange to me. If it were me I wouldn't do it unless I had to and if I were picking someone up I would probly frisk them or something before I let them in the car (I'm serious).

like they couldn't just kill you as soon as you got out of the car to try and frisk them.

The General said:
In America, hitchhiking is illegal. Don't pick them up because they will rob you, and don't get picked up because they will rape you.

No one hitchhikes here but bums and weirdos.

No, hitchinghiking is not illegal in America; maybe in your area. Hitchhiking on some roads and interstates is illegal. Alot of the states say that it is illegal to hitchhike on the roadway, which is taken to mean that it is okay to stand on the shoulder of the road and not the asphault. Some roads, like interstates, have signs saying the pedestrians are prohibited. Sometimes it's up to the law enforcement in that area on how it's interpreted. Check out this site.

I guess none of you have ever had a car breakdown somewhere and decide the hitching a ride is better than walking.

But, it is considered very unsafe today because of who hitches and who picks up.

Of course, that last statement about who does it may be your opinion of it. Gee!

Dave :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom